This is a great tile set. Would love to see a dungeon/cave expansion for it!
World of Solaria: Rural Village Tileset
A downloadable RPG asset pack
UPDATE 1: MARKETPLACE
The pack is now double the size, with new marketplace tiles, NPCs and lots of environment tiles, allowing for much more variety in your maps!
A small collection of tiles and sprites for a retro-styled art or video game project.
The world of Solaria was an epic RPG that I never got around to making, so instead, it will be taking the form of a series of asset packs that you can use to create your own game!
The first of these is the Rural Village pack, where the hero starts their journey!
This is my first real pixel art/asset project, so I'm still working things out! It is still in development, and likely will be for a while. If there is anything you'd like to see added or if you have any feedback, let me know and I'll make the changes in an update!
The palette used is Resurrect64 by Kerrie Lake!
- 16x16 Rural Village tileset: 764 individual tiles.
- Grass and dirt, 4 walls, 9 roofs, 3 cliff colours, 12 trees and bushes in 2 shades, rocks, decorations, fences, 2 crops with 3 growing stages and more.
- NEW! Almost 200 marketplace tiles, with canopies, rugs, and items, including weapons, potions and food!
- Tile Animations:
- 4-frame animations for water, flames, fish and chests.
- 6 Character Sprites:
- 4-frame walking and idle animations in 4 directions. One character features attack animations in 4 directions.
All assets are in PNG format.
- More character sprites! Monsters, NPCs, creatures and animals.
- More tile animations!
- More character animations! Fishing, farming, combat and more.
- More tile variations! Interiors, colour variations.
- More assets! Sci-fi, beach, desert, city, modern.
- Possibly UI elements, autotiles and other stuff if there is demand.
You can use these assets in any project, commercial or non-commercial. Credit isn't necessary but very much appreciated. If you do make something using these assets, let me know, I'm excited to see how people use them!
You can edit them as much as you like, but cannot repackage, resell or redistribute them in any way, no matter how much they're edited.
In order to download this RPG asset pack you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $3.50 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Thank you very much! I'm currently testing and tweaking a dungeon set to get it ready for release!
What a lovely tileset! <3
This is wonderful, and in my opinion, criminally under-priced for how much is included.
This is brilliant! I am very excited to see more updates! What do you plan on adding next?
Thank you so much! I'm working on a dungeon set at the moment, it should be ready soon!
goal reached ! I had to pick this up !
This art is beautiful. Keep up the good work!
Gorgeous! I will be more than happy to buy all of your stuff if perchance you plan on making a whole collection of RPG tilesets like these, with worldmap, caves, dungeons, biome varations, etc. :)
I love this pack will you make others with more characters and houses of snow sand caves etc ...