Hi, I got this asset a while back and haven't had the chance to examine it yet, but with the existing animations are we able to make it look like they are gathering? (Like from tree's and ground objects / harvesting crops). Would you consider making a dedicated animation for it if not?
World of Solaria: Sprite Pack
A downloadable RPG sprite pack
UPDATE 02a: ANIMATION OVERHAUL (+fix!)
The world of Solaria was an epic RPG that I never got around to making, so instead, it will be taking the form of a series of asset packs that you can use to create your own game!
This update completely overhauls sprite animations! Characters can now do more than ever before, and look much better doing it! Running, dodging, attacking, swimming, farming, even sleeping and much more! Animations now have way more frames, making them smoother and more expressive. There's also a small fix for the RPG Maker sprites!
This pack is in development, there are currently 3 sprites with new animations and more will be added in updates, coming soon! If you have any feedback or suggestions, let me know and I'll implement them in future updates!
The palette used is a slightly expanded version of Resurrect64 by Kerrie Lake!
*Screenshots contain tiles from other World of Solaria sets. There are no tiles included in this set! Check the full set image to see what's included!*
This pack contains 3 sprites with the new and updated animations. The other sprites are still included and will be swapped out for new ones as they're made!
Asset pack includes:
- NEW! 3 Sprites with new and updated animations!
- The blacksmith, frog hero and my base sprite!
- NEW! 27 new and updated animations!
- Carry (idle, walking)
- Fishing (casting, idle, reeling, catching)
- Item get
- Swimming (idle, moving, diving, underwater)
- Watering can
- NEW! Tools!
- Tools are included on separate sprite sheets.
- 41 sprites with basic animations:
- 4-frame animations for each character sprite for idle, walking and attack.
- Separate minecart and sword.
- More sprites!
- Palette swaps are planned to be replaced with unique sprites.
- More useful characters like shopkeepers, farmers, and more.
- More animations!
- Spellcasting and unique animations for the blacksmith are planned.
- A surfacing animation for the swimming is planned.
What you can do:
- Use in commercial and non-commercial video games and personal projects.
- Edit the assets as much as you like for use in projects.
- Publish work using these assets on websites relating to art, games, and similar.
What you can't do:
- Resell, repackage or redistribute the assets in original or modified form.
- Use the assets or derivatives in logo, trademark, or service mark.
- Include these assets in game making tools or code templates.
- Use the assets to train AI image generators.
- Use the assets for the creation or promotion of NFT/crypto/play to earn/metaverse/web3 projects.
- Use the assets in any printed media or physical products.
Ko-fi supporters will receive an itch.io download key for the Quiet Cabin pack! Check the "Thank you" message!
You can also support me by purchasing the other World of Solaria asset packs!
In order to download this RPG sprite pack you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $6 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Hi! I'm not sure there's anything you can do with the current animations, but I'll make a note to look into it for a future update! Are there any games or examples you know of that I could reference?
The most immediate reference for farm gathering I could find is the crop pull animation found here (https://seliel-the-shaper.itch.io/character-base). I was kind of envisioning something like the little arm swipes or plucks repeatedly towards the object in question, maybe even holding a basket if you want to go full in.
A bow + animation would also be appreciated. (I see above you already mentioned spellcasting in future ^.^ excited when you do).
Thanks for quick response too! I just bought your enemies pack when I saw that it also had good animations attached, alongside the cave pack (more for the harvestable rocks). Would be great if you ever expand on crop harvestables in your village pack as well.
That's a perfect example, thank you! Looking at that I think I might be able to bodge something together from existing stuff to make a decent start on it. Things will hopefully start ramping up a little bit with these packs in the early/middle part of the new year and I'll be able to get to a lot of the ideas and plans I have for expanding these sets!
Hey I can't seem to get the sprites to work for rpgmaker, even the new ones that have been formatted for it. I tried with the old ones too, all three sizes, but they have the same results.
Weird. Thanks for letting me know! I almost certainly did something to mess it up when I did the update. I'll check it out and let you know when it's fixed!
Any female villager or heroine sprites? Keep up the good work!
You can use the assets for personal board game projects, but not for any commercial board games or printed products.
Is it compatible with RPG MAKER MV?
It is, you'll just need to cut down the sprite sheet in an image editor. Just cut the whole thing down to the first 3 columns of the walking animation.
Let me know if you need any help!
Need to death animation
Definitely. It's planned, possibly doing a big update in April/May, as I'm currently working on a different project.
could you do animations for pushing, picking up, bow and arrow, boomerang, so on and so on?
Yeah I can definitely do that! I have some rough sprites for most of the stuff you mentioned. I'll start adding things incrementally.
please i need the tiles